- Warszawa, Masovian
- valid for 21 days until: 10 Mar 2022
- contract of employment
- manager / supervisor
- Decision-making regarding current R&D operations
- Handling grants run by the group leader
- Coordination of regular events agenda (seminars, reading meetings, invited papers)
- Assist the group & PI with any language barriers and support foreigners on their relocations and establishment into Warsaw, visa process and other paperwork involved
- Edition of scientific texts and graphics for publications
- Active participation in the creation of grant applications
- Active participation in reporting and HR procedures
- Creation of R&D documentation
- Coordination of regulatory issues (ethics committee approvals, equipment safety and efficacy, due diligence documentation)
- Handling bibliographic databases (e.g. EndNote)
- Supervision over software licenses
- Content management of Laboratory website
- Coordination of OHS procedure for staff to follow
- Several years of proven experience in Key responsibilities.
- Documented work experience in grant management and knowledge of funding opportunities at the local/national/EU-international levels.
- PhD in biological sciences or related fields will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude.
- Direct experience with management and coordination of scientific research, public tenders and equipment procurement especially in public Polish research institutions, etc.
- Ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary team and manage projects and people.
- Proficiency in English (at least C1), both spoken and written.
- Proactive, organized, with good time management.
- MS Office (additional skills in project management tools like Trello, database management, collaborative online workspaces (Teams/Sharepoint) and Cloud storage (OneDrive) is an asset)
What we offer
- Full-time employment contract
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment
- International cooperation with experienced researchers
- Competitive salary
- Access to well-staffed core facilities
The International Center for Translational Eye Research (ICTER) is a multi-investigator center for eye research as related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the etiology and treatment of human blinding diseases. Further information on the research priorities and current expertise of our Center can be found at www.icter.pl.
As part of ICTER, the Integrated Structural Biology lab seeks elucidate the mechanisms of vision at an atomic and molecular level, with the ultimate goal to help developing therapeutics for the treatment of eye disorder(s), help preventing, or at least delaying, the onset of eye diseases. The group is led by Dr Humberto Fernandes (PI) and comprises the following staff: 2 postdocs, 2 PhD students, 1 technician and a lab coordinator.
The Institute seeks applicants for the Research project manager and Laboratory coordinator position, experienced in scientific activity who will be expected to be responsible for management of the workflow in the research group and laboratory and will help determining standard practices and procedures. The Coordinator will have direct impact on R&D work by streamlining external and internal communication, managing the group agenda, taking part in technology transfer, dissemination of the work from the Lab and Centre, etc. Unique competence of the coordinator will cover knowledge and skills in communication with law and patent offices, preparation and editing of legal documents, preparation of grant applications and communication with research and industrial grant agencies, to control purchasing process with specialized knowledge about research equipment etc.
Scientific discipline: Science and structural biology and related
Job type (employment contract/stipend): Employment contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/stipend amount/month: 11 000 PLN ~2 400 EUR gross/month
Position starts on: March / April 2022
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 31 December 2023
Institution: International Centre for Translational Eye Research (Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences)
Project leader: Prof. Maciej Wojtkowski
International Centre for Translational Eye Research
The Project/Centre is funded within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science. It is a collaboration between Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS and University College London, UK
1. CV including list of managed projects
2. Cover letter
3. Copy of MSc diploma or equivalent;
4. Opinion about candidate (1 referee).
Kindly specify in the application topic: MCBO 53/2022
Application deadline: 10 March 2022
Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview (which will most likely take place between 14-18 March 2022). The competition results shall be announced by the end of March 2022.
The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS) is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
Link to Pracuj.pl:
Praca Research project manager and Laboratory coordinator, Międzynarodowe Centrum Badań Oka Instytut Chemii Fizycznej Polskiej Akademii Nauk, Warszawa (pracuj.pl)
The controller of your personal data is the International Centre for Translational Eye Research with its registered office in Warsaw, NIP: 1080023333 (the „ICTER”). ICTER will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with ICTER, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of ICTER (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) – depending on the circumstances.
You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing. More information is available on the Institute’s website.