Obtained her Masters in Biomedical Sciences-Human Genetics at the St’ George’s University of London. Before staring her PhD, she was actively involved in running research projects and clinical trials while working at Brighton & Sussex Medical Research Centre. She completed two PhD theses, one with receiving an award (summa cum laude) from both: Jagiellonian and Wageningen University. She continued her research as a postdoctoral fellow at Delft University and Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology Warsaw University. She also run the Sequencing Lab at the Institute of Genetics PAS, where she was both: a PI and the leader of the national grant. She led four scientific grants as a PI and the national and other European country level, co-promoted three Masters and one PhD and published in recognised scientific journals. She is the reviewer of project proposals for Science and Innovation Consultancy UK.
She holds over twelve years of a strong background gained from leading people and projects in the international environment. She is experienced in nanotechnology, protein preparation &analysis, genetics of adaptation and molecular and cell biology techniques. Her scientific interests focus mostly on unravelling processes related to cellular interactions and genetics facilitating such events.
- Pieczynska, M.D., Sampino, S., Lawinski, M., Stachowiak, A., Zietek, M., Ligas, J., Szelag, M., Horbanczuk, O., Swirski, M., Modlinski, J.A. and Horbanczuk, J.O. Dynamics of gut microbiota emergence during fetal development in mice model. Animal Science Papers and Reports, 40(1), pp.99-112. (2022).
- Pieczynska, M.D., Yang, Y., Petrykowski, S., Horbanczuk, O.K., Atanasov, A.G. and Horbanczuk, J.O. Gut microbiota and its metabolites in atherosclerosis development. Molecules, 25(3), p.594. (2020).
- Yeung, A.W.K., Tzvetkov, N.T., Jóźwik, A., Horbanczuk, O.K., Polgar, T., Pieczynska, M.D., Sampino, S., Nicoletti, F., Berindan-Neagoe, I., Battino, M. and Atanasov, A.G. Food toxicology: quantitative analysis of the research field literature. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 71(1), pp.13-21. (2020).
- Yeung, A.W.K., Aggarwal, B.B., Barreca, D., Battino, M., Belwal, T., Horbanczuk, O.K., Berindan-Neagoe, I., Bishayee, A., Daglia, M., Devkota, H.P. and Echeverria, J., Pieczynska M.D., Pittalà V, Rengasamy KRR, Silva AS, Sheridan H, Stankiewicz AM, Strzałkowska N, Sureda A, Tewari D, Weissig V, Zengin G, Atanasov AG. Dietary natural products and their potential to influence health and disease including animal model studies. Animal Science Papers and Reports, 36(4), pp.345-358. (2018).
- Islam, M.T., Ali, E.S., Uddin, S.J., Shaw, S., Islam, M.A., Ahmed, M.I., Shill, M.C., Karmakar, U.K., Yarla, N.S., Khan, I.N. and Billah, M.M., Nabavi SM, Pieczynska M.D., Pittalà V, Rengasamy KRR, Silva AS, Sheridan H, Stankiewicz AM, Strzałkowska N, Sureda A, Tewari D, Weissig V, Zengin G, Atanasov AG. Phytol: A review of biomedical activities. Food and chemical toxicology, 121, pp.82-94. (2018).
- De Oliveira Filho, J. W. G., Islam, M.T., Ali, E.S., Pieczynska, M.D., (…) Atanasov, A.G., Melo-Cavalcante, A.A.D.C.. A comprehensive review on biological properties of citrinin. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 110, 130-141 A comprehensive review on biological properties of citrinin. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 110, pp.130-141. (2017).
- Pieczynska, M.D., Korona, R. and De Visser, J.A.G.M. Experimental tests of host–virus coevolution in natural killer yeast strains. Journal of evolutionary biology, 30(4), pp.773-781. (2017).
- Pieczynska, M.D., Wloch-Salamon, D., Korona, R. and de Visser, J.A.G. Rapid multiple-level coevolution in experimental populations of yeast killer and nonkiller strains. Evolution, 70(6), pp.1342-1353. (2016).
- Pieczynska, M.D., de Visser, J.A.G. and Korona, R. Incidence of symbiotic dsRNA ‘killer’ viruses in wild and domesticated yeast. FEMS yeast research, 13(8), pp.856-859.(2013).