From 2017 to 2021 Dr. Panas worked as research and teaching assistant at the Division of Radiology Informatics and Statistics at the Medical University of Gdańsk, then from 2021 to 2022 as bioinformatician and data analyst at the Molecular Biology Laboratory at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn. He is currently working as a Technical Specialist at the Computational Genomics group at ICTER.
- A. Żurowska, R. Peksa, M. Grzywińska, D. Panas, M. Sowa, K. Skrobisz, M. Matuszewski, E. Szurowska, Comparison of Diffusion Kurtosis Imaging and Standard Mono-Exponential Apparent Diffusion Coefficient in Diagnosis of Significant Prostate Cancer-A Correlation with Gleason Score Assessed on Whole-Mount Histopathology Specimens, Diagnostics 13 (2), 173, (2023)
- B. Czaplewski, M. Dzwonkowski, D. Panas, Convolutional Neural Networks for C. Elegans Muscle Age Classification Using Only Self-learned Features, Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology, 4, 84-96, (2022)
- D. Bielińska-Wąż, P. Wąż, D. Panas, Applications of 2D and 3D-Dynamic Representations of DNA/RNA Sequences for a Description of Genome Sequences of Viruses, Combinatorial Chemistry & High Throughput Screening, 25 (3), 429-438, (2022)
- K. Banaszkiewicz, K. Sikorska, D. Panas, K. Sworczak, The Role of the Trabecular Bone Score in the Assessment of Osteoarticular Disorders in Patients with HFE-Hemochromatosis: A Single-Center Study from Poland, Genes 12 (9), (2021)
- K. Banaszkiewicz, K. Sikorska, D. Panas, Ł. Obołończyk, K. Sworczak, Low incidence of focal lesions in the thyroid gland in patients with hereditary hemochromatosis — a single center study from Poland, Endokrynologia Polska,72 (2), (2021)
- D. Bielińska-Wąż, D. Panas, P. Wąż, Dynamic Representations of Biological Sequences, MATCH Commun Math Comput Chem 82(1), 205-218, (2019)
- D. Panas, P. Wąż, D. Bielińska-Wąż, A. Nandy, S.C. Basak, An Application of the 2D-Dynamic Representation of DNA/RNA Sequences to the Prediction of Influenza A Virus Subtypes, MATCH Commun Math Comput Chem, 80 (2),295-310, (2018)
- D. Panas, P. Wąż, D. Bielińska-Wąż, A. Nandy, S.C Basak, 2D-Dynamic Representation of DNA /RNA Sequences as a Characterization Tool of the Zika Virus Genome, MATCH Commun Math Comput Chem, 77 (2), 321-332, (2017)
We are interested in creating new approaches for comprehensive inference of developmental trajectories and delineation of cell atlases from single-cell data, understanding the role of cell-to-cell signaling and biological pathways in lineage commitment and transitions between cellular states.