ICTER is looking for candidates with a Master degree experienced in physics, optics and photonics, and biomedical engineering data analysis. Candidates should be interested in translational research and the development of new therapies to cure blindness or other diseases. The PhD scholar will have a direct impact on lab development and its success in publishing in high impact factor journals. The person will be also responsible for performing dynamic research to create a competitive research group. The position will be assigned to Optical Imaging Group led by Prof. Maciej Wojtkowski, focused on developing new imaging techniques aiming at achieving speckle-less imaging based on full-field swept-source optical coherence tomography, for diagnosis, screening and monitoring of blinding eye diseases.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementation and development of data processing algorithms (LabVIEW/Python/Matlab)
- Writing or extending acquisition software
- Performing measurements
- Data analysis
- Writing publications and reports
- Active participation in conferences
- Full-time employment contract
- Remuneration: 6 600 PLN gross/month
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment
- International cooperation with experienced researchers
- Competitive salary
- Access to well-staffed core facilities
Required Research Experiences
- RESEARCH FIELDPhysics
- YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE 1 – 4
- REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL Engineering: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
- MSc diploma in physics, photonics, engineering or similar field at the moment of starting work within the Project
- Experience in biophotonics
- Experience in experimental work in the field of optics and psychophysics
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python or C++
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Analytical and critical problem-solving skills mindset
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written
- CV (including list of projects)
- Cover letter
- Copy of MSc diploma (or equivalent) or confirmed certificate of the expected date of obtaining the Master’s degree. Please bear in mind that without a Master’s degree the employment will not be possible
Key evaluation criteria:
- Competencies of the candidate with respect to specific tasks in a research project.
- previous educational/scientific achievements of the candidate.
- awards and distinctions of the candidate.
14 February 2022, 12pm GMT+2
Position starts on: 1 march 2022 (and onwards, depending on applicant’s availability)
Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview, which will be scheduled between 14 -16 February 2022. Competition results shall be announced by the end of February 2022.
The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS) is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
Please submit the required documents to: email@example.com
Kindly specify in the application topic: Recruitment no. MCBO 50/2022
For more details about the position please visit (website/webpage address): junior technical specialist | EURAXESS (europa.eu) and/or contact Anna Salamończyk (firstname.lastname@example.org).