The Integrated Structural Biology lab, headed by Dr. Humberto Fernandes at the International Centre for Translational Eye Research (ICTER), in Warsaw, aims at elucidating the mechanisms of vision, particularly involving proteins of the phototransduction pathway and the visual cycle, at an atomic and molecular level, using structural biology techniques and other complementary biophysical characterization methods. We are currently seeking for a person to fill the position of Research Assistant. More information can be found at: https://icter.pl
As a Research Assistant, you will be responsible for molecular cloning, protein production, purification and characterization.
Your scope of duties:
1. Planning and executing experiments and analyzing the results
2. Proactive approach to achieving objectives
3. Conducting research tasks including molecular cloning, protein production, purification, and characterization
4. (Potentially: Supervising students and coordinating the work of PhD students)
1. Full employment
2. Gross monthly salary will depend on the experience of the candidates (Starting from 6000 PLN)
The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS) is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
1. Scientific track record
2. Suitability to the project
3. Motivation letter
The deadline for application is September 30th, 2022. Interviews will occur in person or online in the following week, and the job starting date will be as soon as possible after successful interview process.
To apply, please email your application to: <firstname.lastname@example.org> or/and <email@example.com> including “ISB Research Assistant” and your name in the subject. Please include a CV, motivation letter and contact details (telephone number and email) of at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisors.
The controller of your personal data is the International Centre for Translational Eye Research with its registered office in Warsaw, NIP: 1080023333 (the “ICTER”). ICTER will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with ICTER, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of ICTER (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) – depending on the circumstances.
You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing. More information is available on the Institute’s website.
1. Completed third-cycle studies in Biology, Biotechnology or related sciences (PhD not necessary but valued).
2. A minimum of 2 years of experience in scientific work (number of publications will be a decisive element in the recruitment)
3. Hands-on experience in scientific and research projects
4. Ability to work in a team
5. Good organization and interpersonal skills
6. Has the ability to communicate in English complex information (orally and in written)
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R