The International Center for Translational Eye Research (ICTER) invites applications for two positions of Group Leaders as part of a multi-investigator center for eye research as related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the etiology and treatment and human blinding diseases. Further information on the research priorities and current expertise of our Center can be found at http://www.icter.pl. The positions are generously supported for 3 years, including PI’s staff (post docs, PhD students and a lab coordinator).
The Institute seeks applicants with a Ph.D degree, who will be expected to establish an extramurally funded independent research program related to the eye and with an emphasis in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology and genetics. The center is led by Professor Maciej Wojtkowski and aims to create a synergistic approach between these disciplines and will take on important questions in vision research. The program will leverage outstanding existing resources at the Polish Academy of Sciences and University College London led by the advisory group that include top leaders in European vision research. Candidates will be expected to support research and mentoring and supervision of graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and technical and administrative staff. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing new research group;
- Setting research programme;
- Managing and carrying out research;
- Assigning tasks to team members and creating a research schedule;
- Applying for additional funding.
For more information click here
Profile of candidates/requirements
- Ph.D. degree;
- Documented work experience in eye research;
- Strong publication record;
- Proven experience in leveraging best practices from research community;
- Working knowledge of biochemistry of eye / or molecular biology / or pharmacology;
- Ability to work in a team and manage projects and people;
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written;
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Full-time employment contract;
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- International cooperation with experienced researchers;
- Competitive salary;
- Administrative support, including assistance in recruiting technicians, PhD and post-doc scientists for your group;
- Access to well-staffed core facilities;
- Start-up package and funds allocated to running your group, including equipment purchases and other related expenditures.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply through firstname.lastname@example.org (with the reference to Recruitment no. MCBO 3/2020) with the following application materials to be considered for the position by a panel of international experts:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae ;
- Short research proposal (up to 5 pages);
- Copy of PhD Diploma or equivalent;
- Name and contact information for 3-5 referees.
Inquiries about the position can be addressed to (Anna Pawlus).
Review of applications will begin on 15 June 2020, and continue until the positions are filled.
Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview (most probable date of the interview is September 2020). The competition results shall be announced by the end of 2020.
ICTER is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.