ICTER – International Center for Translational Eye Research (part of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences), is seeking a person for the position of Manager for Conference Organization.
The International Center for Eye Research (ICTER) was established in 2019. Thanks to an effective grant policy, it is growing rapidly and expanding its team. The Conference Organization Manager will join the team responsible for the organization of CRATER 2023 – Conference on Recent Advances in Translational Eye Research (crater.icter.pl), and in the future will have the opportunity to implement more projects and similar events organized within the framework of ICTER activities.
The planned date for the CRATER conference is early September 2023, and preparations for the event have been underway since January 2022. We are currently looking for a person experienced in managing the organization of the conference, whose role would be to take over the work started and continue to coordinate it in cooperation with an international team. We are looking for a multi-tasking, organized and ambitious person who will be able to prepare the event, in accordance with the project guidelines and the Organizing Committee’s arrangements.
The person who will be employed in the above position is expected to present:
- Experience in organizing international events
- Excellent work organization and multi-tasking skills
- Communicativeness and ability to cooperate in an international team
- Knowledge of MS Office package
- Knowledge of English, at least at the C1 level (spoken and written)
- Ability to work under time pressure and punctuality
- Knowledge of social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Creativity and efficiency in solving problems.
The Conference Organization Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and carry out tasks related to the preparation of the Conference (some tasks will be carried out in English)
- Detailed planning and keeping an eye on timeliness
- Co-creation and implementation of the conference communication strategy
- Cooperation with accounting / sending invoices
- Cooperation with the purchasing department / completing bids, preparing contracts, searching for subcontractors.
- Cooperation with partners and subcontractors – local and foreign.
- Maintaining a point of contact for participants and for those involved in organizing the event
- Preparing texts in Polish and English, such as conference descriptions for the website and media, and preparing simple graphics (based on templates).
Additional advantage will be to have:
- Experience working with public entities
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience working in a STEM environment (e.g., organizing a similar event – conferences)
- Familiarity with WordPress applications and basic graphics programs / e.g. Canvas.
- Curriculum vitae
- List of realized events with links to their websites (in case the webpage does not exposit – please provide a short description of the event highlighting the most important aspects of the event)
Detailed information about the offer:
- Type of employment: contract of mandate / B2B contract for the provision of services at an expected rate of 20h per week (pl. umowa zlecenie)
- Settlement: monthly
- Anticipated period of the contract: November 2022 – October 2023
- Remuneration: on average 3200 PLN gross / month
- Institution: the International Center for Translational Eye Research at the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Applications are accepted until: October 21, 2022
- For questions about the offer, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or pwęgrzyn@ichf.edu.pl
In order to apply:
Please send the required documents to: Icter_jobs@ichf.edu.pl
Enter as the title of the message: Rekrutacja 42/2022
Candidates who meet the required criteria will be invited for an interview (which will most likely take place in the first half of October 2022). The results of the competition will be announced at the end of October 2022.