The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (ICTER) is a multi-investigator center for eye research as related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the etiology and treatment of human blinding diseases. Further information on the research priorities and current expertise of our Center can be found at http://www.icter.pl.
The Institute seeks applicants with a PhD degree, and experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or structural biology. Candidates should be interested in structural biology.
The Junior Postdoctoral Researcher will have a direct impact on lab development and its success in publishing in high impact factor journals. The person will be also responsible for performing dynamic research to create a competitive research group. The position will be assigned to the Integrated Structural Biology Group led by Dr. Humberto Fernandes, focused on elucidating the mechanisms of vision at an atomic and molecular level, with the ultimate goal to help developing therapeutics for the treatment of eye disorder(s), help prevent, or at least delaying, the onset of eye diseases.
Key responsibilities will include
- Planning and executing experiments and analyze the results
- Proactive approach to achieving objectives
- Conducting research tasks including: molecular cloning, protein production, purification, and characterization
- Creating protocols and R&D documentation.
- Applying for and leading independent projects.
- Helping other group members
- Actively participating in group meetings, institute seminars, and conferences
- Supervising students, and coordinating the work of PhD students
- Writing publications and reports, and help with the edition of scientific text and graphics for publication
- Handling bibliographic databases
1. Full-time employment contract
2. Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment
3. International cooperation with experienced researchers
4. Competitive salary (11 000 PLN / ~2400 EUR gross/month, which is about 7 700 PLN net gross/month)
The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS) is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
Please submit required documents to email@example.com by the 27th of July 2022. Kindly specify in the application topic: MCBO 62/2022. The application should include CV (including a list of projects/publications), cover letter, photocopy of PhD diploma (if already issued) and name and addresses of two references.
Successful candidates fulfilling the selection criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview (which will most likely take place in an online format on 03-05.08.2022). The competition results shall be announced by middle of August 2022. The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
The controller of your personal data is the International Centre for Translational Eye Research with its registered office in Warsaw, NIP: 1080023333 (the “ICTER”). ICTER will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with ICTER, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of ICTER (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) – depending on the circumstances.
You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing. More information is available on the Institute’s website.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
- REQUIRED LANGUAGES: ENGLISH Excellent
- Holds a PhD (or will defend before the start date of employment) in biological sciences or related fields (obtained not earlier than 1st of January 2018).
- Has solid knowledge and documented laboratory hands-on experience in at least two of the following: molecular cloning, protein production and purification; biophysical characterization or structural biology; mammalian cell lines or cryo-EM. Expertise in molecular docking and/or molecular dynamics will be a plus
- High motivation, analytical skills, and independent thinking.
- Ability to work in a team, managing projects, and good organization of work.
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- A proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude
- A strong motivation for basic scientific research
- Good skills to plan and execute experiments
- Has the ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally, and in writing
- Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
- Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
Key evaluation criteria
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author or a significant author and patent applications/patents and/or implementation;
- Mobility in his/her scientific career (research internships, change in the scientific profile, internships and work in industry);
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of research projects led and publications arising as a result of the implementation of these projects (if applicable);
- Presented opinions via reference letters.